Thursday, February 10, 2011

Me Day

Today was an unexpected day off from work.  I was running out the door last night to meet my dear Mary for dinner in Reston when I stopped to look at the schedule to see who I was working with in the morning; to my surprise, my only commitment was to my luscious pillows and comforter!  Days off only seem like a concept now that Boyfriend is in Austria.  No countdown until the next day that I can see him, no super-busy plans.

Overall, I think I did a great job enjoying my day to do me.  I was in bed until noon, got lunch, went shopping, then leisurely went to the local library to grade papers and prepare for my next class.  Of course I also had to upload pictures and check my daily reads, but the night was just as productive as it needed to be.  The best part, however, was being interrupted by Boyfriend!  Unfortunately, given my current location, conversation was difficult.  In true S&M fashion, we overcame the challenge and I was able to scribble down only the most important words to boyfriend:


 We were able to talk for a few short minutes as I escaped to a remote corner of the library of the days happenings, and we were able to sufficiently cheer each other up.  Although finding the time and technology to talk on a regular basis is still a puzzle waiting to be assembled, today showed that no matter what the circumstance, we'll make the most of what we've got!  It also helps knowing that today marked the start of the mere month-long countdown until I arrive in Salzburg.



Boyfriend, I specifically wore these today, knowing that you like them, to cheer myself up.  I am so incredibly lucky to have you in my life everyday, but especially days like today when you love me and tell me I'm pretty despite my unseasonal socks and stretchie pants.  I miss you so very much and love you to sideways 8 plus 1...always.

No comments:

Post a Comment