Friday, February 4, 2011

7 months behind...

When I snapped this "creeper photo" as I like to call my collection of observations, I had every intention of using it to start a blog about... anything.  It was the first big expedition I had planned with boyfriend, even before we were dating: The Hampton Pirate Festival hosted in early July.  I must admit that when I first heard about it, I never expected for it to be as awesome - and as picturesque - as it was.  But of course, as I have learned over the past seven months, never have expectations because Boyfriend will completely blow them out of the water.  Aside from the pirate ship tours, pirate shopping, and pirate snacking, the most enjoyable part was experiencing something new with Boyfriend.

Yesterday was a day of new beginnings.  I took Boyfriend to the airport for his four-month study abroad in Salzburg, Austria, and saw my bestie Rachel after she selected the ship she will be serving on after she is Commissioned this May from the United States Naval Academy.  I couldn't be more proud of either of them for achieving their dreams no matter how difficult they may be!  Undoubtedly, these next four months will be extremely hard to be separated by an ocean from Boyfriend and knowing that Rachel will soon be moving to Mayport, Florida, but I know that I have the strength to make it through!  Hopefully, my letter-writing skills are sufficient!

No comments:

Post a Comment