Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Today was both the first Sunday I have had off from work in months, as well as my first day off without Boyfriend to spend it with.  Usually, my work schedule determines Our schedule - Boss Lady is never reasonable, so a day off usually translates to a day entirely filled with adventures and activities that we can enjoy together with rarely any down time.  One of the many things I love about Boyfriend is that he matches my determination to never be bored and always experience new things.  It works for us.

Today was entirely different.  Bestie Rachel came to my house on her only day off this weekend also.  She stood watch as the highest-ranking Midshipman the day before and showed up completely exhausted.  I cannot explain how much it means to me to have such a fantastic friend who will even look forward to spending the day with me after such a demanding responsibility.  Of course, she maintained command flawlessly, and I was happy to provide her a place of reprieve.


We spent the afternoon drinking tea, eating real food, doing laundry and catching up - not only on the news of our recent lives but also on our much needed zzz's.  Our adventure of the day was finally assembling the wonderful AeroGarden that Mrs. Smyth had delivered for the Holidays.  The 17 hours of sunlight has just risen on my baby thyme, dill, and rosemary, and I can't wait to watch how fast they grow!
Unfortunately, the only downfall to my day was my lack of ability to concentrate on both preparing for my course tomorrow night and the game.  Thankfully, I had enough patience left to remind myself of the minutiae of Mesh and Nodal Analysis while the defenses kept me amused.  Overall, the day was a big change from what has been my life for the past several months, but slowly I'm adjusting.  The comfy bed didn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment