Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Revival

Alas, I have fallen behind in the activity that I figured would keep me company while boyfriend was studying abroad.  Thankfully, he has returned more worldly and I could not be more thrilled.  The two weeks that he has been home has been a whirlwind of graduations, Commissioning ceremonies, family gatherings, hours of interstate driving, friend visits, reintroductions of long working hours, but the most fun: our first trip to Disney World!  As attempt #2, it gave us the chance to begin to catch up on the couple time that was missed and reminded us of why exactly we're together.

Boyfriend enjoying a Mickey Sandwich at Magic Kingdom

Although we started sharing secrets and sensitive topics from the very beginning of our relationship, one of my favorite things about boyfriend is that he makes it easy to keep our bond strong.  He's always there when I need to talk, and understands my unusual emotions.  He keeps me company always, and it seems as if we tag-team our excessive neediness for each other.  We talk about anything and everything, covering unexpected topics in unexpected places.  We act like no one else in the world exists, except for our exceptional team members of course, and I absolutely love it.

One of my favorite places for this bonding, ironically, is in la toilette.  Maintaining proper privacy is always foremost, however, it's a great place to make our relationship stronger.  Although this man rolls out of bed and is seemingly instantaneously ready for the day, I however, seem to need significantly more time.  Traditionally, while I girl-out and do my hair and make-up in the morning, boyfriend patiently keeps me company in the bathroom while I pamper.  No complaints, just our usual love and laughter.  He shares with me facts he learns from his favorite websites and supplements with tales of his study abroad, and I wait for the next, thrilling detail.

Boyfriend, thank you for not only loving me but for comprehending and growing with me, each and everyday.  Each day may not be our best, but they always make us stronger and better as a couple.  I love you always and I'm looking forward to the perfect days and the not-so-perfect days we have coming~





No comments:

Post a Comment